Unshaved Hair Transplant
Before hair transplantation performed with traditional methods, the hair must be shaved. It is known that many of the patients have hesitations about hair transplantation due to the effect of this situation on social life. With the unshaven hair transplantation method, this uneasiness experienced by the patients can be prevented. With this method, hair transplantation can be performed without shaving at all or with a limited shave that can camouflage the remaining hair.
With this method, which is one of the latest techniques used in hair transplantation, the satisfaction of people with hair longer than 15 cm -especially women- is known. As an outcome of the healthy results of this method, more and more women prefer unshaven hair transplantation every day. In addition, male patients who do not want their hair to be shaved during the procedure also make extensive use of this technique.
Unshaven hair transplantation method can be applied in two ways:
Hair Transplantation with Regional Shaving
With this technique, which is applied by shaving a small part of the hair, 2,000-3,000 hair follicles can be taken and transferred to the planting area.
Completely Unshaven Hair Transplant
FUE or DHI methods can be applied for this technique, which is applied without shaving any part of the hair. Compared to other techniques and methods, the application time takes longer. This technique is generally preferred by patients who have hair longer than 15 cm. The suitability of the patient for this technique is evaluated by the specialist physician before the procedure.
What are the Advantages of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
- The original hair style can be preserved after the procedure.
- It is possible to return to work and daily life in a way that the hair transplant procedure will not be understood by anyone.
- It is easier to hide the temporary crusts that occur on the scalp after the application.
- Since the number of transferred hair follicles will be less compared to other methods, the recovery period is also faster.
What Should Be Considered Before Unshaven Hair Transplant?
In the first meeting you will have with your specialist doctor before the hair transplantation process, you will be informed about what you need to pay attention by making a special evaluation.
What are the Preparations for Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
In order to get the healthiest result, the recommended preparations before unshaven hair transplantation are listed as follows:
- Not consuming tobacco and tobacco products starting one week before the procedure,
- Avoiding alcohol consumption starting from three days before the procedure,
- Not taking blood thinners starting from three days before the procedure and informing the doctor about other drug usages
- Starting three days before the procedure, It is recommended to stop using false hair, wigs, etc.
When Can I See the Result of Hair Transplantation?
With the unshaven hair transplantation method, patients see the results of their newly transplanted hair within 12 months later from the date of the procedure.
Can I Dye My Hair After Hair Transplant?
It is recommended not to apply a chemical substance to the scalp in the first year after hair transplantation.